Facial skin is the most exposed part of your body, and the signs of age, sun damage and stress commonly cause wrinkles along the browline. These wrinkles can lead to a sad or tired expression, which may not be one’s ideal resting face.
A brow lift, also known as a forehead lift, helps restore a relaxed and youthful appearance to the forehead and brow. A brow lift is commonly used to smooth out creases and wrinkles across the forehead and between the eyebrows, and can also improve the appearance of hooded or sagging eyelids.
Recovery time varies among individuals, but patients are expected to reach a full recovery in 1-3 weeks after surgery.
When to consider a brow lift:
• Sagging eyebrow position creates a tired or sad appearance
• Deep creases are visible across the forehead and/or between the eyebrows
• A moderate amount of excess skin rests on the eyelids
Other cosmetic procedures that may be performed with a brow lift include:
• Blepharoplasty (eyelid surgery)
• Face lift
• Otoplasty (ear surgery)
• Performed under sedation or general anesthesia
• Outpatient procedure