When you choose one of the plastic surgeons at our practice you choose a plastic surgeon who works for you and with you. Both of our surgeons are Board Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgeons, and members of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons. Whether your needs are cosmetic or reconstructive in nature, we have the skills to assist you in accomplishing your goals. Our practice was established in 1974, and we have always worked with each client to ensure their highest levels of satisfaction.
We specialize in a variety of cosmetic and reconstructive procedures, ranging from liposuction to tummy tucks, to cleft lip and palate surgery, to skin cancer/reconstruction. We are the area leader in the Trans-Axillary (“no scar on the breast”) Augmentation mammaplasty technique, but we also specialize in the submammary approach, depending on patient preference.
We believe in educated, informed patients. Dr. Ted Ortega, founder of our practice, is one of the most highly experienced plastic surgeons in the Panhandle region. Dr. Marcos Ortega is an experienced, plastic surgeon, who grew up in Pensacola, served as Chair of Surgery at Sacred Heart Hospital, and has been with our practice for 10 years. We combine our experience and expertise with your situation, to assist you in reaching the goals that you desire.
Dr. Ted K. Ortega is a true industry veteran. He has over 45 years of plastic surgery experience. His sustained excellence has led to his appointments as a Diplomate of the American Board of Plastic Surgery and Fellow of the American College of Surgeons.
He is a longstanding member of:
- The Florida Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons
- American Medical Association
- Florida Medical Association
- Philippine Association of Plastic Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons
- The Escambia Medical Association.
For many years, he has traveled to the Philippines and brought joy to childrens’ faces by performing pro bono cleft lip and palate surgeries. Even after 40 years in the industry, he strives to help make a difference.Book Appointment
Dr. Marcos R. Ortega joined his father’s practice in 2002. Inspired by his father’s work growing up, he wanted to help people like his father. His determination to follow in his father’s footsteps has not only led to helping people, but excelling in his field.
His ongoing 18-year career is full of accomplishments:
- Board-certified Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
- Member, American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Chairman, Department of Surgery, Sacred Heart Hospital
- Member, Surgical Quality Assurance Committee at Sacred Heart Hospital - Member, Credentialing Committee at Sacred Heart Hospital
- Chief Resident of Plastic Surgery at Southern Illinois University
- Co-director, Ortega Plastic Surgery (AAAASF certified Outpatient office-based surgical facility)
From all his accomplishments, he still believes the greatest one is helping people in the community which he hopes to pass on to his children, like his father.Book Appointment